Is there anything more elegant than a beautiful, sparkling chandelier hung in just the right place in your home? We think that there is not. Now that you’ve found the right size chandelier, it’s high time to install it where everyone could admire its beauty.
The chandelier that you’ve chosen should not only fit the room size, but also improve the interior of the room. Whether you picked up a classic crystal chandelier or a modern metal chandelier, make sure it completes your home decor seamlessly. The following lines provide simple tips for hanging a chandelier.
Gather the following materials:
- Head Screwdriver
- Wire Strippers
- Measuring Tape
- Electrical Wire Tester
Turn the power off at the main electrical panel. If new wiring is required, consult a licensed electrician or local authorities for code requirements.
The installing procedure:
- Define the location where you would be installing your new chandelier.
- After doing so, remove the current fixture to replace with the new one. To do so, disconnect the electric wiring and switch off the main circuit that is controlling the room’s electricity.
- Place a ladder under the chandelier and remove the canopy of the old fixture. Now, disconnect the wiring and remove the twist-on connectors with your hands.
- Remove the old electric materials and discard them. Bring down the old fixture and hand over to a helper.
- Remove all appliances attached to the old fixture, such as screws with the help of screwdrivers and handsaw. As the result there will be an empty hole with an electrical wiring in the ceiling.
- In case the chandelier is heavy, install a support brace. A support brace is a hexagonal support with prongs that stick directly into the wood of the ceiling joist. It will provide proper support to the chandelier. Tighten the support with leverage.
- Pull 6 inches of wire from the knockout hole into the new electrical box and tighten the cable connector using a screwdriver. The cable connector should be non-metallic and not overtightened, to avoid piercing the insulation of the wires.
- Attach the electrical box to the brace with screws or a bolt tightly, to ensure full support to the chandelier.
- Remove the chain links from the chandelier and raise them to the height at which it is to be hung, with the assistance of a helper.
- Hang the chain at the desired height from the ceiling and connect the wires of the chandelier to the housing wires.
- Strip an inch of insulation from the ends of the wires and connect it to the chandelier wiring, with the help of twist-on connectors.
- Tuck the remaining wiring into the electric box and slide the canopy to the ceiling by tightening it carefully.
- Finally, carefully add the LED lights and shades of the chandelier and other decorative appliances to the canopy.
- Flip the circuit breaker and test if your newly installed beautiful chandelier is working properly.
We hope that this article was helpful to you and you’ll succeed in installing your lovely chandelier. Please, press Like or share it with your friends.